- Teach students how to prepare bake a wide variety of confectioneries, such as: cakes (classic vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, cheese, carrot, red velvet, fruit cakes), bread (classic plain, chocolate, sardine, coconut, fruit bread), meat-pie, chicken-pie, sausage, eggroll, scotch egg, doughnut, etc. following traditional and modern recipes;
- Teach students how to decorate cakes using different types of icings, toppings, such as: butter cream icing, fondant icing, whipped cream icing, fruits, chocolates, sweets, popcorn etc.;
- Teach students how to decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc.;
- Teach students how to coordinate all confectioneries presentation;
- Lecture planning, preparation and research;
- Check and assess students’ work;
- Encourage personal development.
- Candidates must possess a B.Sc/BA or HND in Food Technology, Culinary Arts or related field from a recognized academic institution.
- Technical College Education with Trade Test and certificate from National Business & Technical Examination Board (NABTEB).
- 2 – 5 years in similar job with a credible portfolio.
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply in not less than one week of this publication to the:
Skills and Competencies
- Must have worked in the Culinary Arts department in a reputable Technical School or Catering Academy;
- Must have experience of teaching culinary arts (baking) effectively and providing a stimulating environment for learning and teaching to motivate, inspire and challenge students;
- Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programs;
- Experience and success in developing new approaches to learning and teaching methods.
- Must have a proven track record of contributing to the overall success of own and wider academic departments;
- Must know how to work quickly and command attention;
- Must have physical stamina;
- Have the ability to adapt to a multicultural setting and to handle students of different nationalities;
- Must be creative, have flair, organizational and leadership skills;
- Must be able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors;
- Strong knowledge of proper confectionery handling and sanitation standards.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to:
Human Resources Officer,
BSS Consulting Limited,
7, Ogunlana Drive,
Surulere, Lagos State.