- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The EMIS Specialist will provide technical assistance on education information management systems project-wide.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the System Strengthening Specialist.
- Support the development of a common web-based EMIS using existing open source software that can be customized by state and LGEAs to meet unique information needs;
- Provide ongoing technical support to ministries, departments, and agencies staff to review progress, “trouble shoot” problems, and support use of EMIS data;
- Provide support for inter-state training for SMOE, SUBEB, and planners, analysts, and policy makers focused on gathering, analyzing and using data from the EMIS, reading assessments, evaluations, and research to make decisions and plan education improvement initiatives;
- Support planners and policy makers to use data for quality decision-making
- Provide assistance in setting up systems to gather data for access to quality education and support EGR related data at the state level.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 6 years of work experience with EMIS with international development organizations or in an international development context;
- Experience in data collection procedures, systems design, systems analysis, and information systems project management;
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage a large, secure web-based EMIS systems and software;
- Fluency in English;
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Demography, ICT, Management Information Systems (MIS), or related field required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “EMIS Specialist” in the email Subject line.