Locations: Alkaleri, Ganjuwa, Ningi, Shira, Toro, Zaki, Bauchi
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator to effectively coordinate the implementation of all activities under Output 1 of the Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3) activities in Bauchi State.
- It is expected that the Senior State Facilitator will form effective professional relationships with relevant education sector stakeholders in the state at all levels to advance GEP3 activities and results.
- The Education Senior State Facilitator activities includes; analysing operating environment, sharing lesson learnt and progress and maximizing synergy between activities towards key results areas.
- Support and coordinate the planning and implementation of all activities under output I with government and CSO/NGO partners.
- Conduct regular monitoring of interventions under Output I (identify gaps and successes) to ensure quality of the implementation of interventions, including quality assurance activities.
- Based on monitoring, provide recommendations for improving quality of implementation (correcting gaps and building on successes).
- Ensure that systematic, accurate and updated data and information on GEP3 activities is collected and analysed in collaboration with the state M&E officer/consultant.
- Liaise with government and CSO/NGO partners regularly (focal persons/desk officers) to ensure the implementation of GEP3 activities according to plans.
- Identify capacity development needs of implementation partners, government and CSOs/NGOs; and articulate/ implement next steps to reduce such gaps.
- Provide technical assistance to SAMEs/SUBEBs to improve the quality implementation of activities under output 1.
- Collaborate with other UNICEF programmes, organisations and agencies to promote inter-sectorial and integrated approach to girls’ education.
- Identify, document and disseminate lesson learnt from activities under output 1.
- Ensure that UNICEF protocols are used to resource project activities, and keep accurate and transparent accounts of all inputs and resource use.
- Facilitate institutionalization of systems for effective and accurate data collection and analysis.
- Liaise with and between all bodies and institutions involved in GEP3 activities, including local and international development partners and ensure the effective pursuit of project targets and implementation of activities in ‘QE system.
- Support the domestication, dissemination and implementation of national framework for the integration and development of IQE into UBE scheme.
- Work with relevant desk officers to prepare proposal for direct cast transfer CDCT) to support activities under this output and follow up timely retirement of DCTs.
- Produce regular monthly and work plan and submit them to the SPC, national Output 1 lead and FO Education GEP3 focal person.
- Advanced degree in Education, Social Sciences, Economics, or related fields.
- Fluency in English language and good English writing skills. Fluency in language of the immediate environment.
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated ability in supporting capacity development work in the education or social sciences.
- Experience working on gender issues.
- Extensive knowledge and skills of education and social sectors in Nigeria, preferably in northern Nigeria.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing to varied audiences.
- Skills in use of Microsoft office suites are a must.
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment, set high standards for quality of work and consistently archive project goals.
- Strong analytical skills using diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data.
- Demonstrates, applies and shares technical knowledge.
- Good understanding of girls education issues, community involvement and participation.
- The role reports to the Education Officer.
- The contract duration is 8.5 Months.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Deloitte career website on apps.deloittemanagedsolutions.com.ng to apply