As our Nursery Teacher, you will be required to work with children between the ages of 2 – 5 years
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A degree in Early Childhood Education as well as experience in play based teaching
- Minimum 4 years verifiable work experience with this age group
- Experience of teaching phonics is preferred and an added advantage
- You should be enthusiastic and confident in your abilities to engage children and extend their learning through play, enabling their emotional, social and educational development.
- To complement your qualification and experience, you will come with patience, a good sense of humour and great stamina to keep up with the needs and energy of a large group of young, lively children.
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, arts and crafts are a must
- You must have excellent English Language skills (clear written and spoken) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills
- Good level of computer literacy is a must
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be expected to create and implement age and developmentally appropriate lessons for the children; helping them acquire basic skills and knowledge based on the goals and general curriculum of our school
- Providing experiences that promote individual expression through conversation, play and creativity; guiding the children in a nurturing environment to learn language, gain autonomy, interact socially, and enjoy physical activities
- Initiating classroom activities daily (sing-a-longs, storytelling, book reading, art and craft projects, sensory exploration, outdoor stimulation etc.)
- Displaying children’s creative art work regularly on bulletin board as well as creating own theme based classroom displays to ensure an engaging learning environment for the children.
- Maintaining daily record of activities, behaviours, meals and naps and ensuring parents receive adequate information about their children’s experiences in the school through daily contact book entries
- Conducting observations and assessment of children’s developmental skills in order to complete developmental checklists bi-annually
- Creating an open, friendly, and cooperative atmosphere in which children and families feel comfortable and secure
- Using equipment and supplies safely and conscientiously, keeping physical environment clean and orderly at all times
- Inspecting the school site and equipment for potential safety hazards; taking corrective action or informing management to prevent injuries.
DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS ADVERT IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.
Interested candidates MUST demonstrate early childhood training and experience on their CV and cover letter.
CV AND COVER LETTER TO: