- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the University, Chairman of the Senate and member of the Governing Council.
Qualities of the Candidate
The Applicant must:
- Be a Professor in a related discipline of not less than 8 years
- Be with advanced knowledge of computer usage and Information Technology packages.
- Be a distinguished academic, top-notch researcher of national and international repute with a proven track record of scholarship in terms of a significant number of recognized peer-reviewed publications;
- Not have attained the age of 60 years at the time of assumption of duty;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, training and preparation as a twenty-first century University administrator;
- Be capable of driving technological innovation in teaching, learning and research;
- Be able to attract and manage research grants from both Local and International Agencies;
- Be an astute and a prudent manager of resources;
- Have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University in its pursuit of academics excellence that is recognized globally;
- Be a person of strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership, as well as capable of inspiring the advancement of learning and reaching out to all persons without discrimination;
- Be of sound health and pleasant disposition, high integrity, strong moral character to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students and not have been convicted of a crime by a court of competent jurisdiction or by an Administrative Panel;
Conditions of Service
The appointment will be for one term of five (5) years only, while salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in the Imo State University system and as may be determined by the Imo State Government from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their Application package and their Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and other relevant credentials. The Curriculum Vitae shall contain among other things:
- Name in full (Surname first) in block letters
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with their ages
- Educational Institutions attended with dates and academic qualifications obtained
- Professional qualifications with dates.
- Institutions and names of PhD students/Fellows supervised and dates graduated
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional bodies.
- Outstanding Publications, discoveries or inventions
- Work experience in the University system giving names of institutions and dates.
- Details of administrative roles played, fund-attracted and managerial experience in the University System.
- Specific services to Local, National and International communities (with dates, institutions/establishment and status)
- Present employer, status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Names and Address of three (3) Referees.
- Attach thirty (30) copies of statement of their mission and vision for the University in the next five (5) years in not more than 2,000 words.
All Applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes marked at the top left corner, “Application For The Post Of Vice-Chancellor” to:
C/o Senior Special Assistant (Special Duties),
Office of the Secretary of the Government of Imo State,
Government House Annex, Owerri,