Get latest news on West African Examinations Council. We give credible and first hand news.
- 2020 WAEC Examinations To Commence On August 4 – Education Minister
The 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) has been scheduled to commence in August.
By Akinola Ajibola
The Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba, announced this on Monday at the briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja.
He said, “From the 4th of August to the 5th of September, please take note. … Read more
- WAEC Standard for Physics Alternative to practical III.
A standard resistor of resistance 2 Ω is connected in the left gap of the metre bridge and a length l1 of wire W1 is connected across the right gap of the bridge as shown in the diagram above. The balance point B is determined by touching the metre wire with the jockey. The balance length … Read more
- WAEC Standard for Titration in Alternative to practical Chemisty
1. E was prepared by dissolving 33.60 g of a mixture of FeSO4. 7H2O and NaCl to make 1.0 dm3 solution..
F was 0.0200 moldm-3 KMnO4.
25 cm3 of E was pipetted into a conical flask acidified with 20.0 cm3 of dil. H2SO4 and titrated with F.
The results are recorded in the table below.
(i) Copy and … Read more
- WAEC Standard for Chemistry Alternative to Practical.
A is a simple salt. The following tests were carried out on A. complete the following table.
(b)(i) Name the salt A.(ii) Write the formula of A.
The following tests were carried out on a sample of an unsaturated alkanol K. Complete the following table.
Majority of the candidates responded to this question. In part (a), majority … Read more
- WAEC Standard for Answering Physics Alternative to Practical.
A test tube is weighed and its mass mo = 20 g is recorded. It is then loaded with sufficient lead shots so that it floats vertically in a beaker of water as shown in the diagram above. The depth, d, of immersion of the test tube and content is measured and recorded
The test tube … Read more